Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 a year
Shift: Full-time, Swing Afternoon/Night, 1 pm-10 pm MT/CT, preferably located in Denver, CO or San Antonio, TX area.
Cyber Instructor: Job Summary
Cyber Instructor is needed to help design and deliver high-velocity Cyber training programs and support students in achieving career-relevant certifications. In addition to training skills, Instructors are knowledgeable in student support, certification rates and what is needed to attain them, and the importance of IT training in today’s growing IT job markets. Instructor is vested in supporting students to achieve certification and career goals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Holds current CEI for CND, CEH, CHFI technical IT certifications from EC-Council.
- Holds current CompTIA Sec+ SYO-601 Certifications.
- Additional technical certification a plus.
- Prior technical teaching experience.
- Certified Technical Trainer (CTT) certification recommended.
Skills & Experience:
- Articulate Communication skills
- Prior teaching/instruction
- Prior team collaboration or management skills
- Technical Training skills
Responsibilities and Duties
Typical duties are likely to include but not limited to:
- Execution and instruction of IT classes in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking), or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- Execution and instruction of virtual labs
- Identifying/Carrying out training needs/analyses
- Defining the skill sets needed to be successful in programs offered
- Carrying out performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable learner skill levels
- Designing, updating training materials needed to support student success through certification
- Ensuring the learning environment and resources support learner needs
- Designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals, and exercises
- Preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate
- Delivering study sessions in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking), or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- Supporting and coaching learners towards timely exam execution
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training and learning outcomes
- Liaising with partners (e.g. external course providers, employers, examining bodies) to fulfill the skills needs of an organization
- Collaborating with other instructors
- Maintaining appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation
- Ability to align training to current IT job markets
Job Type: Full-time
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
- CEI for CND, CEH, and CHFI required
- Security+ SYO-601 required