CompTIA/ITIL 4 Foundation Technical Instructor: Job Summary
CompTIA Technical Instructor to help design and deliver high-velocity ITIL 4 Foundation, Net+, and Sec+ training programs and support students in achieving career-relevant certifications. In addition to training skills, Instructors are knowledgeable in student support, certification rates and what is needed to attain them, and the importance of world-class IT training in today’s growing IT job markets. The instructor is vested in supporting students to achieve certification and career goals.
- Holds current ITIL 4 Foundations (Approved to teach through PeopleCert) Net+007, and Sec+601 CompTIA certifications.
- Additional Technical Certification a plus.
- Prior technical teaching experience
- Certified Technical Trainer (CTT) certification a plus.
- Relevant industry experience.
Typical duties are likely to include but not limited to:
- Execution and instruction of IT classes in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking), or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- execution and instruction of virtual/hands-on labs
- Identifying/Carrying out training needs/analyses
- defining the skill sets needed to be successful in programs offered
- carrying out performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable learner skill levels
- designing, updating training materials needed to support student success through certification
- ensuring the learning environment and resources support learner needs
- designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals, and exercises
- preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate
- Delivering study sessions in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking), or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- supporting and coaching learners towards timely exam execution
- evaluating the effectiveness of training and learning outcomes
- liaising with partners (e.g. external course providers, employers, examining bodies) to fulfill the skills needs of an organization
- collaborating with other instructors
- maintaining appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation
- ability to align training to current IT job markets
Skills & Experience:
- Articulate Communication skills
- Administrative skills
- Prior teaching/instruction
- Prior student management
- Prior team collaboration or management skills
- Analytical skills
- Training skills
- Mentor experience