About ACI Learning
Join some of the world’s most passionate technical trainers, data-defenders, and cyber thought leaders.
We train the world’s experts in cyber, audit, and IT. The world’s most trusted organizations trust us to train their practitioners and leaders. We offer training experiences designed to help professionals protect data, anticipate risk, and defend business-critical systems. It’s all we do.
ACI Learning seeks a Director of Training to manage a talented group of technical instructors and Edutainers. The Director of training will work closely with the Director of Learning Design and Director of Content and Programming to ensure course development goes smoothly and that product roadmaps are supported. Most of all, the Director of Training acts as an advocate for all trainers, a coach, and as a mentor. The Director of Training is responsible for project management, capacity planning, expertise mapping, hiring and onboarding, and the growth and development of the team.
This position reports to the Chief Product Officer and will be located in Gainesville, Florida.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a demonstrated track record of effectively managing people and projects.
- Has considerable experience in video training development.
- Has proven success communicating effectively with technical professionals and non-technical stakeholders.
- Has experience with and is comfortable working with a wide range of technical content.
- Has the ability to overcome obstacles and unforeseen circumstances to support team members in completing projects.
- Has the ability to handle difficult conversations with tact and compassion.
- Has the follow through and leadership to ensure new processes are adopted.
- Can lead by example as an enthusiastic collaborator.
- Can easily communicate the value in projects and relationships.
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment.
- Is nonthreateningly confident, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Puts the learner first.
- Is discreet and has demonstrated the ability to manage confidential information.
- Is a highly responsible individual, who takes ownership, and can accomplish tough tasks.
- Has a strong belief that technical training can be transformational.
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail.
- Possesses outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Displays the highest levels of integrity.
- Operates with a strong work ethic, requiring minimal supervision.
- Is a good teammate.
- Works well remotely and can be a presence in the Edutainment Team.
- Can learn technology quickly.
- Manage a team of technical instructors including 1:1 meetings, daily huddles, and PTO requests.
- Manage a group of contract technical instructors.
- Partner with People & Culture to find, hire, and onboard new instructors and Edutainers.
- Drive content creation, marketing asset creation, social media participation, and forum support.
- Report on the production of content and marketing assets.
- Maintain process documentation.
- Provide road-mapping input.
- Coordinate studio calendars with the Director of Production and Director of Learning Design.
- Discuss course feedback and usage data with the Product Leadership Team.
- Act as the ambassador of quality and continual improvement.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of the team and provide training and development opportunities.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Ability to travel 0-10%.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in technical training development and delivery.
- 3 - 4 years’ proven experience working with, training, or facilitating programming with technical professionals.
- Meaningful experience leading through influence.
- Exceptional communication skills.