ACI Learning is searching for an experienced professional to join our growing team as an Instructor Mentor for our San Antonio, Texas, Learning Hub. This position requires a strong emphasis on mentoring, coaching, monitoring, and supporting students to achieve certification and career goals. In addition to mentoring, the Instructor Mentor will deliver CompTIA A+ training programs in the evenings. The work schedule is 2:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
In this role, the Instructor Mentor will work closely with the Director of Training, the Learning Hub Director, and the Director of Global Events and Operations. The Instructor Mentor must partner effectively with Learning Hub staff to provide effective support and customer service to students and contribute to ACI Learning overall customer success strategy as we experience rapid growth.
This position supports students in achieving career relevant certifications. In addition to training skills, the Instructor Mentor is highly motivated, is knowledgeable in student support, certification rates and what is needed to attain them, and the importance of world class IT training in today’s growing job market.
This is an amazing opportunity for a seasoned trainer, experienced practitioner, and student advocate to have a significant impact within our client base in a growing training and development organization.
- Proactively engaging with students to offer support
- Instruction of evening CompTIA A+ classes in virtual and onsite classrooms
- Increasing certification rates
- Decreasing cancellation rates
- Increase student engagement/participation
- Proactively monitoring student progress
- Conducting instructor office hours
- Identifying and conducting training needs analyses
- Defining the skill sets needed to be successful in the programs offered
- Carrying out performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable learner skill levels
- Conducting workshops, labs, and exam prep sessions to support students through certification
- Ensuring the learning environment and resources support learner needs
- Preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment, labs, and workshops, where appropriate
- Delivering study sessions onsite and virtually, individually and in small groups
- Mentoring and coaching learners towards timely exam execution
Working Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and communication skills with the ability to explain IT concepts and practices in simple terms to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated success delivering training to career starters
- 5+ years of customer-facing training or teaching experience
- 3+ years coaching and mentoring skills
- CompTIA A+ 1001 and 1002 certifications required
- CompTIA Network+ and Security+, and ITIL 4 highly desirable
- Strong administrative skills
- Prior student management and coaching experience
- Strong analytical skills
About Compensation and Benefits
Competitive base salary based on your background and level of experience with an outstanding opportunity to learn while you perform.