Shift: Full-time, Day shift, 8 am-5 pm MT/CT, preferably located in Denver, CO, or Dallas, TX area.
AWS Instructor: Job Summary
AWS Instructor is needed to help design and deliver high velocity, 8-week AWS restart training programs, and support students in achieving career-relevant certifications. In addition to training skills, Instructors are knowledgeable in student support, certification rates and what is needed to attain them, and the importance of IT training in today’s growing IT job markets. The instructor is vested in supporting students to achieve certification and career goals.
Qualifications and Skills
- AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate certification or AWS Solution Architect – Associate Certification active through the duration of instruction. AWS Professional level certifications in Solution Architect or DevOps are also accepted. No other certifications (AWS or others) are considered equivalent and satisfying those requirements.
- One year of experience in teaching technical IT content covering at least three of the five areas mentioned below:
- Linux Operating System
- Scripting languages such as Shell and Python
- Networking and Security concepts
- Relational Databases
- DevOps Concept and Processes
o Familiarity with Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Holds current AWS credentials.
- Additional technical certification a plus.
- Prior technical teaching experience.
- Certified Technical Trainer (CTT) certification recommended.
Skills & Experience:
- Articulate Communication skills
- Prior teaching/instruction
- Prior team collaboration or management skills
- Technical Training skills
Responsibilities and Duties
Typical duties are likely to include but not limited to:
- Execution and instruction of IT classes in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking), or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- Execution and instruction of virtual labs
- Identifying/Carrying out training needs/analyses
- Defining the skill sets needed to be successful in programs offered
- Carrying out performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable learner skill levels
- Designing, updating training materials needed to support student success through certification
- Ensuring the learning environment and resources support learner needs
- Designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals, and exercises
- Preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate
- Delivering study sessions in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking), or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- Supporting and coaching learners towards timely exam execution
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training and learning outcomes
- Liaising with partners (e.g. external course providers, employers, examining bodies) to fulfill the skills needs of an organization
- Collaborating with other instructors
- Maintaining appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation
- Ability to align training to current IT job markets
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Current AWS Certification required
- Current Cloud Practitioner Certification
- Additional Technical Certs recommended