Technical Cyber Instructor - Contract
About ACI Learning:
Join some of the world’s most passionate technical trainers, data-defenders, and cyber thought leaders.
We train the world’s experts in audit, cyber, and IT. The world’s most trusted organizations trust us to train their practitioners and leaders. We offer training experiences designed to help professionals protect data, anticipate risk, and defend business-critical systems. It’s all we do.
Shift: Contract, Flexible Shift, This is an on-site position at one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX, Dallas, TX, Colorado Springs, CO, Jacksonville, FL
Cyber Instructor: Job Summary
Cyber Instructor is needed to help design and deliver high-velocity Cyber training programs and support students in achieving career-relevant certifications. In addition to training skills, Instructors are knowledgeable in student support, certification rates and what is needed to attain them, and the importance of IT training in today’s growing IT job markets. Instructor is vested in supporting students to achieve certification and career goals.
- Holds current CEI for CND, CEH, or CHFI technical IT certifications from EC-Council.
- Holds current CompTIA Sec+ SYO-601 Certifications.
- Holds current CySA and PenTest+
- Additional technical certification a plus.
- 1 year technical teaching experience.
- Certified Technical Trainer (CTT) certification recommended.
The ideal candidate
- Execution and instruction of IT classes in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking), or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- Execution and instruction of virtual labs
- Has a demonstrated track record of bringing order to chaos
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail
- Carrying out performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable learner skill levels
- Designing, updating training materials needed to support student success through certification
- Puts the learner first
- Has the ability to manage difficult personalities while teaching
- Designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals, and exercises
- Preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate
- Delivering study sessions in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking), or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- Supporting and coaching learners towards timely exam execution
- Has a strong belief that technical training can be transformational
- Liaising with partners (e.g. external course providers, employers, examining bodies) to fulfill the skills needs of an organization
- Has an innovative mindset, is a natural communicator, and is a strong collaborator
- Maintaining appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation
- Ability to align training to current IT job markets
We are committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and strive to ensure that it is interwoven into the fabric of our organization. We support and nourish an inclusive and welcoming environment for employees from diverse backgrounds.