Essential Insights into CompTIA's CySA+ Certification
Being a cybersecurity professional without the latest training is like climbing a mountain wearing Crocs: You can probably do it, but it’ll be the hard way and it’ll take twice as long. It's time to upgrade your digital defense game with the CompTIA CySA+ certification. The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification and exam are designed to validate the skills and knowledge of individuals in the field of cybersecurity analysis. It’s the top way that most employers verify skills for someone who would work to help their organization address, monitor and respond to cyber threats and manage risk. If cybersecurity professionals are the frontline of the future, then the future is here and you need the best armor and training: If you’re thinking about pursuing the certification, here are some key facts about CySA+:
- Certification Purpose: CySA+ is an intermediate-level certification offered by CompTIA. It is designed to certify cybersecurity professionals who analyze threats and vulnerabilities to protect organizations from cyberattacks. These job roles often then work to build an incident response and a proactive vulnerability management process for their organizations.
- Job Roles: CySA+ is suitable for individuals seeking roles such as Security Analyst, Threat Intelligence Analyst, Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, and Incident Response Analyst, Vulnerability Management Analyst, and Security Engineer.
- Prerequisite: While there are no strict prerequisites for taking the CySA+ exam, it is recommended that candidates have CompTIA Security+ certification and a minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on experience in cybersecurity or related fields.
- Exam Code: The current CySA+ exam code is CS0-002. Be sure to verify the exam code on the CompTIA website as it may change over time.
- Number of Questions: The CySA+ exam typically consists of a maximum of 85 multiple-choice and performance-based questions.
- Exam Duration: Candidates have 165 minutes (2 hours and 45 minutes) to complete the CySA+ exam.
- Passing Score: The score for the CySA+ exam is on a scale of 100-900, with a recommended passing score of 750.
- Domains: The CySA+ exam covers four major domains:
- Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Software and Systems Security
- Security Operations and Monitoring
- Incident Response
- Renewal: CySA+ certification is valid for three years. To maintain certification, individuals can participate in CompTIA's Continuing Education (CE) program or re-take the latest version of the exam.
- Career Advancement: Achieving CySA+ certification can open doors to various cybersecurity roles and can be a steppingstone toward more advanced certifications, such as CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) or certifications from other organizations like Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH). According to CompTIA, the media annual salary for an information security analyst is $103,000 and there are currently more than 30,000 open cybersecurity analyst job roles.
Remember that certification details, including exam content and requirements, may change over time, so it's essential to check the CompTIA web site or official study materials for the most up-to-date information before pursuing CySA+ certification.
CySA+ and ACI Learning Hubs — A winning combo for your career development
If you’ve read this far, you’ve probably already decided that CySA+ is a path you want to pursue, but that’s where ACI Learning Hubs can close the deal for you: We provide a full spectrum of support that not only ensures you get the training to succeed, but also are empowered with the right tools, skills and confidence to land your next role.
- Our courses are always taught by a live instructor with years of industry experience. You’ll be able to ask questions, participate in group discussions, and get trained in real time. With course content that’s updated regularly, you’ll be ready to work in the industry.
- Instructor Mentors are available for personal study support. They’ll create a personalized study plan to help you master even the toughest concepts.
- With your enrollment, ACI Learning covers the cost of one exam attempt for each course. These exams can cost hundreds of dollars, but we know that getting the certification is the goal of each student.
- Take classes in a way that works for you. Attend in person or online (depending on location and funding). Each course runs for four hours per day on a morning, afternoon, or evening schedule, so that you can make your training fit in with the rest of your life.
- Everybody learns a little bit differently. Our courses include myriad ways to consume the material, including ITPro videos, study games, dynamic quizzes, practice labs, group projects, discussion sections, digital flashcards and more.
- The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT®) officially recommended 12 ACI Learning courses for college credit. That means a class at ACI Learning could count towards a traditional degree.